Legionnaires’ Disease Attorneys
Recent outbreaks of Legionnaires’ Disease have left many individuals in need of legal assistance. If you or a family member have been affected by Legionnaires’ disease it’s time to take legal action and call Morris Haynes. We have successfully represented many individuals who have been injured or killed by this disease.
What Is Legionnaires’ Disease?
- Legionella is a bacterium (bacteria) that can cause severe pneumonia, which is called Legionnaire’s Disease.
- The symptoms of Legionnaires’ disease are similar to a severe flu and can include: fever, headache, shortness of breath, muscle aches and pains, dry cough, and pneumonia.
- From time of exposure it takes between 2 to 14 days for symptoms to appear.
Where Are the Most Common Places to Get Legionnaires’ Disease?
- Legionella bacteria thrive in warm water and warm damp places.
- It can be found in improperly maintained showers, hot tubs, hotel pools, spas, fountains, cruise ships, air conditioning units, building water systems and cooling towers.
- The bacteria spreads through contaminated water vapor or mist, so you can be infected even if you are not immediately around these sources.